Meet the Team: Elizabeth
Who’s behind Quietly anyway? Over the coming months, we’ll be sharing a little bit about each member of our team. Be prepared for some fun (and sometimes embarrassing) facts. Take the time to get to know us—we’re nice, promise!
Meet Elizabeth. As part of our Publishing Relations team, she manages Quietly’s Contributor Network of content creators, scours the world wide web for new publishing partners, and works on other wildcard tasks as they trickle in.
Elizabeth graduated from Simon Fraser University with a B.A. in Communication and English (double major! Woot woot!). At SFU, she was involved in two amazing student organizations—YWiB (Young Women in Business) SFU and The Social Media Network (as a writer for the Recultured blog)—and did a Co-op work placement at SFU Volunteer Services. Outside of her current day job at Quietly, she is a Managing Editor and Writer at The Hudsucker, an online magazine devoted to pop culture and lifestyle.
Elizabeth is an INFP, a Capricorn, a Gryffindor, a human jukebox, an old soul who’s young at heart, and a crazy cat lady in training.
Here’s a little more about the queen of finding a good deal and freebies…
- One word to describe yourself: Kind
- Born and raised in: Born in Vancouver, raised in Coquitlam.
- Current neighbourhood: Coquitlam
- Guilty pleasure: Snuggies
- Most visited website: Besides Quietly? Gmail and Feedly.
- Spirit animal: Unicorn
- Inspired by: With her unshakable strength, hard-working nature, sense of humour, complete selflessness, and heart of gold, my Mom is always inspiring me to be the best person I can possibly be. Other sources of inspiration include Elizabeth Taylor, Maya Angelou, Brooke White, and the Quietly Qrew (for motivating me to follow my heart and always be hustlin’).
These are a few of Elizabeth's favourite things…
Currently, Pop Sonnets. They translate popular song lyrics into eloquent Shakespearean sonnets. Check out their version of the [Fresh Prince of Bel Air](http://popsonnet.tumblr.com/post/93434089148/the-fresh-prince-of-bel-air) theme song – it's a masterpiece!
Favourite music to work to
All genres, from country and classic rock, to smooth jazz and showtunes… EVERYTHING. You're likely to find me at my desk, toe-tapping, head-bopping, lip-syncing and humming along. #noshame
Favourite lunch spot
ChouChou, a food truck that serves the most delicious French breakfast and dessert crepes. Tres bien!
Favourite Quietly list
I love Kate Reilly Yurkovsky’s collaborative list, “What’s the best live show you’ve seen?”. I live for live music experiences, so it’s cool to see what other people’s favourite concert memories are.
Favourite cheesy joke
What do you call the security guards outside Samsung shops? Guardians of the Galaxy
Give me gummy bears and teddy bears and I'll be your berry best friend for life.
Image Credit: Joanna Riquett