Meet the Team: Charlie
Who’s behind Quietly anyway? Over the coming months, we’ll be sharing a little bit about each member of our team. Be prepared for some fun (and sometimes embarrassing) facts. Take the time to get to know us—we’re nice, promise!
Meet Charlie, Quietly’s Web Developer and Interaction Designer. He designs the user experience of our web app for Quietly and helps implement it in the front-end. His daily tasks include lots of ideating, sketching, pixel nudging, strategizing and coding.
Outside of work, this digital native enjoys immersing himself in all things tech and design, running outdoors (and exhausting his CO2s) and taking loads of photos while traveling.
Here’s a little more on the clever and creative problem-solver (aka C++):
- One word to describe yourself: Curious
- Born and raised in: Born in Taiwan, raised in Burnaby
- Current neighbourhood: Burnaby
- Guilty pleasure: Supernatural
- Most visited website: Excluding Facebook, probably Reddit
- Spirit animal: Polar Bear, or The Mystical Unicorn
- Inspired by: Neil deGrass Tyson, Elon Musk, and of course my hardworking colleagues.
These are a few of Charlie's favourite things…
Favourite music to work to
Rock, indie, ambiance, instrumental, soundtracks.
Favourite lunch spot
Silvestre Deli & Bistro—excellent sandwich and soup. Otherwise it's Peckinpah for its super-flavoured fries and meat with smell so strong that the office temporarily becomes a miniature Peckinpah.
Favourite cheesy joke
Two men walk into a bar. The first orders some H2O. The second one says, “Sounds good, I’ll have some H2O too.” The second man died.
Favourite show that I have yet to finish the first season of: House of Cards. Every episode is so dark and depressing.
Image Credit: Joanna Riquett