Meet the Team: Kristin
Who’s behind Quietly anyway? Over the coming months, we’ll be sharing a little bit about each member of our team. Be prepared for some fun (and sometimes embarrassing) facts. Take the time to get to know us—we’re nice, promise!
Meet Kristin. As an Editorial Manager at Quietly, she balances the daily demands of editing, hopping on calls with clients, creating editorial strategies and keeping abreast of the latest trends and best practices in content marketing and digital publishing while working with publishers, brands and writers.
When Kristin was 10 years old, she read every magazine editor’s letter she could get her hands on. Thus, a dream of working in publishing was born. A graduate of Simon Fraser University with a Master’s Degree in Publishing (SFU, represent!), Kristin spent two years as an Associate Digital Editor at NUVO and MONTECRISTO magazines, nabbing the 2015 Best Online Magazine award at the Western Magazine Awards for MONTECRISTOmagazine.com. When she isn’t moonlighting as a publishing ninja, she volunteers with a rad local arts and culture magazine called Sad Mag.
Here’s a little bit about our favourite new member to the team…
- One word to describe yourself: Observant
- Born and raised in: Richmond, BC
- Current neighbourhood: South Granville
- Guilty pleasure: Caesars with ALL the fixin’s
- Most visited website: Gmail
- Spirit animal: A duck (apparently I always appear calm and but I’m working fast and furious beneath the surface; credit to Kimberly Budziak for this).
- Inspired by: Women in business leadership like Sheryl Sandberg, Ivanka Trump, and Ursula Burns, writers like Nora Ephron, and forward-thinking publishers like the BoF’s Imran Amed.
- Wildcard: Book I return to over and over again: Just Kids by Patti Smith.
Image Credit: provided by Kristin Ramsey